When it comes to assessing and upgrading competence levels, the evaluation process relies on seafarer documents and the sea service experience. Once the documents have been reviewed, the competence evaluation is carried out, followed by the confirmation of administrative approval and the payment of relevant fees.
After that the Certificate of Competency (COC) and the Seaman’s Book will be issued.
The Honduras COC is the IMO white flag and is exclusively issued in the English language, aligning with the stringent IMO and STCW regulations.
To initiate the evaluation and approval for the issuance of the Honduras COC, we kindly request that you forward scanned copies of the mandatory documents via email.
- Filled out Honduras Application form (with signature and fingerprints).
- Valid International passport copy (pages showing personal data).
- Photo in color passport size (in high resolution).
- Valid Medical Fitness Certificate on Honduras form- may be sent once your case is approved by the administration.
- CoC and its Verification of authenticity from the issuing maritime administration or SB or discharge book for ratings.
- Continuous discharge book, or seaman’s book showing experience: periods served, capacity, tonnage / Kw of the ship.
- Sea service record / experience letter/s.
- A letter of intent addressed to the administration. Draft of letter will be provided upon your request.